[Zope-CMF] mysqlUserFolder and CMF

Phil Dodderidge pdodde@poyntz.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:45:27 +0000

Norman Khine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone implemented mysqlUserFolder with CMF? I am asking because I would
> like to use CMF with an existing MySQL database schema for authentication,
> but am finding it difficult to link the two methods / or merge the two.
>
> >From what I understand -- in my case NOT A LOT ;^( -- one can use
> mysqlUserFolder to authenticate and store the values/ data of the user in a
> MySQL database. This being the case am I right to assume that I can use my
> existing UserRegistration which writes to the database, form to add new
> users that will get registered in the CMF.

The easiest way to do this would probably be to combine the parts of your
UserRegistration form which write to the database with the register.dtml method in
the CMF Skins Tool into a customized register.dtml method.  You will also need to
customize the join_form.dtml to gather whatever extra data you are putting in your
database.

> How do I alter the current acl_users folder so that it uses the acl_users
> (MySQL User Folder), or is there a better way to do this.

You can delete the default acl_users and add a MySQL User Folder to your CMF Site.