[Zope-CMF] trouble with Factory Based Type Information tool

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 16:38:47 -0400

I'm not understanding something, here, I think:
My understanding of the FBTI is that you use it to 'wrap' Zope products for
use in a portal.  Pursuant to that, I though I'd make a 'CascadingFolder'
portal_type, based on the CascadingFolder product.  Should be simple
enought, right?  But I can't get it to show up in a portal members 'Add...'
types list.   Here's what I did, can someone see an error?

1. make new portal_type, based on portal_folder (actually, tried it with
'(none)' also, same results.  Call it CascadingFolder.

2. in portal_type/CascadingFolder/properties, change:
    Meta type to 'Cascading Folder' (to match meta_type in Cascade.py),
    Icon to 'cascade.gif' (just as in product),
    Product name to 'CascadingFolder',
    Factory method in product to 'addCascadingFolder' (gleaned by inspecting
addCascadingFolderForm.dtml).

3. in CascadingFolder product 'Define Permissions' change:
   'Create class instances' to 'Add portal folders',
    change 'Add CascadingFolders' to 'Add portal folders'.

What's missing?