[Zope-CMF] Documentation request

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:55:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hey everyone,

I'm working on the CMF, seeing it I can make it do what I want.

Going back to the "chicken and egg" thread, here's an example of type of
documentation I, and probably others, could use:

Any CMF Document content that's created gets tagged with metadata, is
cataloged, and is displayed with the creator's login, date, etc. (See
http://www.isd197.org/isd197/test/ for a simple example.) No problem.

Most of my site, like the http://cmf.zope.org/ homepage, doesn't really fit
that mold. It's rather static content, probably typed by me, and doesn't
need the "Created by" label or the last modified datetime. But the content
should be searchable. Presumably, this content is added as a regular DTML
Method from the ZMI (Zope Management Interface).

So it seems there are two types of content here (merging all CMF-specific
stuff together). People coming from regular Zope (like me) are familiar with
DTML Methods and Documents. We need some information about taking what we
know and fitting it into the CMF model.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com