SV: [Zope-CMF] How to add content?

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 07:34:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Magnus Heino (Rivermen) wrote:

> > Go to Portal_Types, click on the Contents tab, select
> > Factory-Based Type
> > Information and click Add, then add all the CMF Defaults
> > (Document, News
> > Item etc). They will now be displayed.
> >
> > I thought they were there as a default, so I wonder why you
> > don't orignally
> > have them, strange.
>
> I do have them, as default.
>
> Another test. I logged in a manager. In Members/, I get the full list of
> products to add, but in Members/foo, I get nothing. Even as manager.
>
> I'm using a current CVS checkout.. maybe something is broken? :-P
>
> If I from ZMI add a Document to Members/foo, and the login as foo, I can see
> and change the document. So it's just adding thats not there.

That is likely a permissions problem -- somehow the mapping for
'Add portal content' is toast in your 'Member/foo' folder.  Check
the security tab of the folder -- who has the permission?  In a
"stock" CMFSite, the permissions in both 'Members' and 'Members/foo'
should be totally acquired (no role-specific boxes checked, all
'Acquire permission settings?' boxes checked);  the CMFSite object
itself should have 'Manager' and 'Owner' checked for both 'Add
portal content' and 'Add portal folders'.