[Zope-CMF] WebDAV editing inside CMF site (Error: 302 Moved Temporarily)

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

On 3 Aug 2001, Ole Aamot wrote:

> Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> writes:
>
> | > So far I've had no success with uploading or editing a DTML doc to
> | > the CMF site folder using cadaver 0.17.
> |
> | The CookieCrumbler's "eager redirect" is the culprit here.  If
> | you clear the "Auto login form" property in the 'cookie_authentication'
> | object, then cadaver will trigger normal HTTP Basic Auth, and will
> | therefore prompt for userid / password.
>
> Thanks!  Works great.  Any possible bad effects of disabling it?

You lose the benefit of being sent to the login form when you
hit an item requiring authentication;  the BasicAuth propagates to
the browser.

> Would it be hard/possible to implement Undo on PUT transactions?

I don't know any reason why PUT transactions can't be undone.  I just
undid one in my portal_skins/custom directory, for instance.