[Zope-CMF] Zope/CMF Performance Testing

Kent Hoxsey khoxsey@caspiannetworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:53:24 -0700

ender wrote:
> these test results are very interesting, i was curious though
> how much data, your CMF instance had in it, how many objects,
> how many members?

Current database size: 5.7M
Total objects: 10,423
Members: 0

The purpose of our testing was to exercise the dynamic publishing
machinery within our expected deployment configuration and find out
what controls exist for tuning. This is in contrast to a scalability
test where one might use high-end equipment and try to model a very
large system. This is the reason we used an Ultra5 (a small deskside
workstation) rather than our E450.

If you review our test results, you will notice that the testing
concentrated on significant hitrates against a restricted set of URLs.
Based on our current understanding of Zope and ZEO, we believe we can
scale our installation to relatively high usage and data size without
adding significant hardware.

I expect there are some issues we'll encounter as our data volumes
grow, but that seems less of a risk to me since it will be quite a
while before we are handling more data than zope.org.

k1