[Zope-CMF] Help with content type strategy?

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:56:43 -0500

Hi Folks,

	I'm learning my way around CMF and it looks really cool! I have an app that I
think would work well here: Online classes. I teach physics labs and I'd like to
make a "Lab Report" object. I'm thinking it would be folderish, or maybe it
could be a queryish object (like a topic) that brings together all the
components of a report. The idea goes something like this:

Students are "members". They can give other students (collaborators) permission
to add content to a report that they create. Content is documents, scripts,
graphs and so on. I have some cgi scripts I've been meaning to turn into Zope
content for a long time, and I think that now is the time
(http://physics-earthsci.uindy.edu/ph280). I'm thinking that allowing
PythonScript to import Numeric will let me create Array Zope objects (e.g.,
return Numeric.array(theList)), and I can convert my existing java and gd graphs
to Zope as well.

Can I (should I?) create a normal Zope product (Lab Report) and then just CMFize
it? I feel confortable with "plain" Zope objects, but I don't have a good feel
for how they integrate/don't with CMF.

Anyway.. . any thoughts are quite welcome!

thanks,
-steve