[Zope-CMF] Any workarounds or tricks for getting portal content to look like it's directly under root?

waltonl waltonl@franklin.edu
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 22:03:10 -0400

Tres said:

> The "main zope root" can't (at the moment) be skinned;  the skinning
> mechanism requires using a subobject.  CMFSite objects *can* be skinned
> using ZPT.

Can anyone tell me if there are any tricks for eliminating the CMFSite object
from the url? Is it possible?  If I want URL's to be
http://my.domain.com/aFolder
where aFolder is a part of a CMFSite - say named portal - so that I wouldn't
have to have http://my.domain.com/portal/aFolder ?  Sorry if it's a stupid
question. I guess it seems that with the way acquisition works it probably
isn't likely that what I want can be done, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to
ask.  I just hate to have to have an extra word in all our urls just to be
able to use CMF.

Thanks,
Lynn