[Zope-CMF] Instant FAQ?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:30:55 +0100

* Jon Edwards <jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk> [010809 11:36]:
> Following on from the very useful How-To list that Tres created, how about
> doing something similar with FAQs?

I've been thinking about this, too.  However, to be useful, I think a
FAQ needs a champion / editor-in-chief, to provide some editorial
control.  As the FAQ list grows, it might become fairly unuseable if
it's not split up into subcategories, etc.

Perhaps a FAQ workflow which requires the approval of a FAQ editor?
Just as the CVS will start becoming open to community involvement, so
too should the website, IMO.

There again, perhaps it would be better just to get *something* going
along the lines you suggest - it would be really easy to set up.

I started compiling a list of FAQs a while back, because I was
noticing how often the same questions were being asked.  I didn't get
very far, but here were my prime FAQ candidates, for what they're
worth:

Why doesn't the CMF do [X]?
How can I extend the CMF?
How can I prevent Anonymous Access to my portal?
How can I prevent Anonymous users from signing up?
How can I customise the appearance of the Portal?
How can I change links in the actions box?

seb