[Zope-CMF] Re: New How-To: how-to modify discussions in CMF (was: Re: [Zope-CMF]

Norbert Marrale norbert@attira.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:11:45 +0200

Nice how-to, but one thing scares me:

If you allow anonymous users to set their own handle, they could
attempt to impersonate registered members (yikes!) unless you make
sure that the chosen handle is not already in use by a legitimate
member of the community or mark the handle as "anon". (this is one of
the reasons I would like to be able to display the role of a document's
owner, see other thread)

Funny, how we're all trying to customize the CMF in similar ways: I also
made replying to existing threads available to anon users. Moderators
are always able to retract irrelevant messages and other junk. I have
tweaked the showThreads and viewThreadsAtBottom skin to mark any
private messages when viewed by a moderator (it skips those for
members and anons) and converted the aboveInThread script to a skin
which displays only the relevant (published) parents. I'm not ready to
customize the CMF source yet :) By adding the edit action to the
"Discussion Item" portal type, you can let your moderators edit for
clarity...

I'm now working on a way to display a list of recent discussion items on
the portal homepage in a way that the workflow status of all items in
parentsInThread is considered in addition to the status of the most
recent post. -- This should effectively hide any orphan threads...

http://www.attira.net/home/Members/Tiara/message_1

If you think the customized skins would fit in with the how-to, please
drop me a line.

Norbert

> Message: 15
> To: Pieter Claerhout <Pieter_Claerhout@CreoScitex.com>
> Cc: "'zope-cmf@zope.org'" <zope-cmf@zope.org>
> Subject: New How-To: how-to modify discussions in CMF (was: Re: [Zope-CMF]
> Discussion Items in Zope CMF) From: Erik Enge <erik@thingamy.net>
> 2001 15:08:25 +0200
>
> [Pieter Claerhout]
>
> | How you enable the DiscussionItems?
>
> This is a slightly-often-asked (is that actually a word?) question,
> isn't it?  I just created a How-To that tells you how to:
>
>         - enable content to be discussable
>
>         - add arguments to comments
>
>         - administrate "talkbacks"
>
> <URL:http://www.zope.org/Members/eenge/cmf-discussions>
>
> As always, comments are appretiated.  :-)

On the Road of Life,
there are Tourists and there are Travelers.
I'd rather be Traveling!

Norbert Marrale
norbert@infocatch.com