[Zope-CMF] Your opinion about CMF for e-commerce

Bill Anderson bill@immosys.com
13 Aug 2001 23:27:05 -0600

On 13 Aug 2001 13:40:20 +0000, Juli=E1n Mu=F1oz Dom=EDnguez wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> I am evaluating the possibility to use zope and cmf as the base platform
> for an ecommerce.
>=20
> I know that there is other gnue tools specific for this purpose, but in m=
> case what I want is a fast and powerfull way to do rapid developpment,
> more than having a powerfull catalog generator and manager (I will not
> have many products), having the possibility to code the logic, and
> integrate my business.
>=20
> All the elements seem to be here. (Now I am thinking on SSL, that I must
> use when a user enters private datas. Now I am trying to configure SSL an=
> user authentification)
>=20
> What is the expert's opinion ?
> Maybe some ecommerce module could be developped ?

IMHO, (some call me an expert), you di dnot provide enough info for an
informed opinion. CMF is a framework fro building content management
systems, not am E-commerce framework. Sure, depending on what you are
doing, you can build a site that employs som ee-commerce activities with
CMF, but the e-commerce thing is more of a sideline.=20

If you mean to ask if CNMF is good for building a catalog, i would say
the answer is no, it is not designed to be a product catalog, and as
such you will see issues getting a round peg into the square hole.

E-Commerce is a cery broad term. You will have to be more specific if
you want a better response.

Bill Anderson