[Zope-CMF] Adding new portal doc to memberfolder when new member joins

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:19:56 -0400

>> I've solved the problem with the profile. I just created a dtml method in
> my
>> skin folder called profile_view. So you have this profile placed at
>> <portal_url>/Members/<member folder>/profile_view
>>
>> It needs to do the samt thing for all members - displaying what they have
>> filled in into there preferences.
>>
>> But that isn't the best way to do it - i want this profile_view to be the
>> 'default view' for the Members folders.
>> Do you know a work around ?

One thing you could do is use a localHeader or localFooter in the Members
folder which causes a composite document of the profile and index_html to be
displayed (so the profile is there, and then at the bottom a free structured
text area the user could put stuff in).  By putting it in Members folder it
affects all Members.  E.g.:

<dtml-comment> DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR USER FOLDER</dtml-comment>
<dtml-if "id=='index_html'">
        <dtml-var profile_view>
        </dtml-with>
<hr noshade />