[Zope-CMF] CopySupport and FSPythonScripts?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:56:47 +0100

* seb bacon <seb@jamkit.com> [010816 17:33]:
> Now I've hit on another problem:  I can't paste anything into the
> member folder I've just created, because the user in the security
> context is Anonymous User.  Has anyone got any suggestions for
> options?  Could I physically manipulate the security context somehow
> to force the user to be logged in?  Could I temporarily change all the
> permissions for Anonymous User? (nah, that would be wrong...)

Hooray.  I've worked out how to log someone in programmatically, which
is something I've been trying to do occasionally for ages:

            user = self.getMemberById(member_id)
            newSecurityManager(None, user)

Simple, but I wonder if there's any security implications of this
which I haven't seen?  Hmm, I think I'll post to the zope list too, to
see if I get an answer.

If this is OK, wouldn't it be a nicer way to do things than all that
redirecting or clicking on a link after you've joined stuff that's
been discussed previously?

seb