[Zope-CMF] Why is the news editing different from doc editing?

Frank McGeough fm@synchrologic.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:23:04 -0400

CMF 1.1, Zope 2.3.3
Just curious as to why news editing is different from doc editing. In doc
editing I can tell the users to write their stuff in Microsoft Word and use
their conversion to HTML and upload it --- or use structured text. Both of
these options are o.k. for my users. But for the news item, the editing form
is different. Their is no radio button to switch between structured text &
HTML and their is no opportunity to upload. I understand that I can modify
the news edit form myself but I'd like to understand the motivation of the
originators.