[Zope-CMF] Virtual Host Monster troubles

Chris Keyes chrisk@nipltd.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:32:17 +0100

Hi Lucas

I'm not great with the Apache rewrite rules, but have set up a few now based
on what other people have done...

I think you are trying to use the directory
http://tanya.oslo.seres.pgs.com/research/ and want it to appear as
http://web.research.pgs.com.
 not as http://web.research.pgs.com/research/

Your existing rule is:-
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/webdev.research.pgs.com:80/resear
ch/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]

I'm not sure if the webdev should be web or not??? using your URLs you have
given I would try these two lines (try replacnig your current line with
these two)... Although I'll admit that I usually have to try it and then
play until it all works :-)

Try:-

RewriteRule            ^(.*)$
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/web.research.pgs.com:80/research/
VirtualHostRoot$1 [P]
ProxyPassReverse       /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/web.research.pgs.com:80/research/
VirtualHostRoot/

One thing that may be useful is the apache utitlity to check config files...

apachectl configtest

so to test the file apache.conf in the current directory try
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest < apache.conf
a "Config OK" is what you want... :-)

Hope that helps...

Chris K