[Zope-CMF] Re: Re-working Breadcrumbs

davelehman@loewen.com davelehman@loewen.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:37:55 -0500

>We actually have a python script for this coming to a CMFDecor cvs
checkout
>near you.
>I'll finally get my cvs up to date with some fixes/improvments and other
>general stuff today.
>You can look at the breadcrumbs.py script in CMFDecor/skins/zpt_generic
for
>a working example of what you're looking for.

Alrightly, I got the script from CVS last night. It's close, but still not
quite what i'm looking for.

The old breadcrumbs script created this:

id > id > id > id

The new breadcrumbs script displays breadcrumbs like this:

id > id > id > title

And what I want is this:

title > title > title > title

I'm not trying to be a pain, but is what i'm looking for unreasonable? I
had an almost-working version of breadcrumbs (which displayed all titles)
in DTML, but I thought that using a Python script would be easier....

So, I think we're almost there-- when iterating through the loop, we do
have the URL for the folder at each level. So I guess what I really need to
know is:

- when I have the URL of a folder, how do I get a handle for that folder
object so I can grab the title from it?

     current_folder = getobject(url)
     breadcrumb_title = current_folder.Title

Regards,