[Zope-CMF] Using Topics to search based on a Scriptable Type

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:43:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, kamon ayeva wrote:

> I thought I could have a different meta_type for a new
> Scriptable Type that I created based on the CMF Document type.
> I actually set the meta_type field to 'Tutorial' and followed
> the howto by Tres (I guess) about creating the type and using
> it in the portal.
>
> Then I created a Topic called 'tutorials' in a folder 'docs'
> (so I have /docs/tutorials). For the criteria, I tried both
> meta_type='Tutorial' and Type='Tutorial', and I don't get any
> result. Note that a criteria based on Subject works.  Is this a
> known issue related to scriptable types or something special I
> need to do ? I am using CMF from CVS (downloaded yesterday).

Don't make the 'meta_type' in the TypeInformation object different than the
'meta_type' of the instance (which would be 'Document' in this case).
Your search should be aimed only at 'Type', not at 'meta_type'.