[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow version 0.4

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:23:22 -0400

I've just posted version 0.4 of DCWorkflow.

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/DCWorkflow-0.4.tar.gz/file_view

With help from Ulrich, the implementation of workflow variables is now
complete.  You can set up variable expressions on transitions and
variable values on states.  Variables give you a *lot* of flexibility in
workflows; try them out!

It is now required that you have the PageTemplates product installed.
Expressions are now implemented with TALES!  This means we are now
leveraging a carefully designed and documented expression engine, rather
than the degenerate Python of DTML expressions.  It does mean you have
to update all your expressions, but I think you'll find it's worth the
gain in clarity.

I've also added an implementation of the "classic" workflow.  This means
you can now simply drop in a DCWorkflow instance and almost precisely
retain the old functionality.

Thanks to everyone for trying out DCWorkflow and contributing feedback.
  Documentation will come in time. ;-)

Shane