[Zope-CMF] CMFLDAP - getRDNAttr() failing

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:15:55 -0700

It is amazing how the details will get you every time.  Thanks Jens.  For
the record, I then had a problem after setting lum_path correctly.  When
trying to 'join' (yes I know that's not needed now):

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute '__of__'

which was caused by trying to login with my uid, not the dn.  I changed the
Login Name Attribute in LDAPLoginAdapter from dn to uid, and was all set.

FYI, I believe my ldap server is setup to not allow anonymous lookups, so
within my LDAPLoginAdapter instance I had to define the optional LDAP Bind
UID.  However, uid wouldn't work, so I had to use dn.  From the first
statement in this paragraph, it's obvious I'm not well versed in LDAP, so it
may just be my configuration.

Thanks for your help, and for the LDAP tools/product.

Scott