[Zope-CMF] Re: ZPT in CMF

Paul Winkler slinkp23@yahoo.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:37:12 -0500

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:27:06PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Well, the DTMl skins are more for oldbies, I would have thought
> Newbies nowadays would be weened on ZPT, if not, then ZC have a
> slightly bigger problem :-S

Huh? Zope ships with DTML, won't ship with ZPT until 2.5.  Zope ships
with a tutorial which demonstrates DTML, ignores ZPT.  There are now
several books on the market which cover DTML. None of them even
mention ZPT, as far as I've seen. And there are tons and tons of
HOWTOs and Products on zope.org which use DTML, and relatively few
which use ZPT.

Given all that, I would be surprised if *any* newbies are currently
using ZPT instead of DTML.

--

paul winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com