[Zope-CMF] Placeful default skin?

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:19:09 -0800

The below is untested, but...

Put a dtml method, called skin_name in the news folder, containing a single
line:

<dtml-call expr="set.REQUEST('portal_skin','news')">

Then do something like this in your header:

<dtml-if skin_name>
  <dtml-var skin_name>
</dtml-if>

I use portal_skin on some pages as part of a get
(http:/url?portal_skin=skin), so I'm not sure doing it this way would work,
but worth a try.

-Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: Lalo Martins
To: zope-cmf@lists.zope.org
Sent: 12/11/01 12:02 PM
Subject: [Zope-CMF] Placeful default skin?

Hi there,

I think this was discussed in this list in the past, but not in the
recent past, so perhaps something changed.

I have a site like

TheSite

+- News
|  |
|  +- Local
|  |
|  +- International
|  |
|  +- Sports

+- Movies

There are, of course, other things (such as the Members folder) in the
"root". These use a default CMF skin.

But my customer wants the default skin inside "News" to be different
from the global one. Also, sooner or later he'll want Sports to use a
different skin too.

Is this at all possible? I tried to change SkinsContainer.getSkin()
to acquire a property, but it didn't work.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/

See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker for bug reports and feature
requests
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient or any
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient.
Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
original message and all attachments from your electronic files.