[Zope-CMF] Problems with Objects or Acquisition

Byl Walker bwalker@byli.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:15:40 -0500

Hi all -

I'll try to distill my problem to be as succinct as possible.

I am new to Zope and CMF and Python, so many of the things that I've
been doing with my new site have been learn-as-you-go process.  Thus
far, I've created new FTI-based portals, and have had no problem with
getting data in or out on the pages defined for views and edits, but
need to be able to display variables from the portals on pages that are
not defined in the factory definition.

I am using the portal_catalog.searchResults method to return results,
but don't know how to access the variables that aren't in the Dublin
core.  Is there some way of doing this in a dtml doc or method?  Or do I
need to write another method for my FTI to retrieve the info?

I've been through the list archives and have found nothing at all
relating to my questions.  Or maybe I simply don't understand enough
about what I'm looking for.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.  If anyone thinks they could help,
but needs to see the code I'm using to access the data, I will be happy
to share it.

Thanks,

Byl