[Zope-CMF] cmf topics and virtual host monster

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
14 Dec 2001 20:25:12 -0700

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 09:41, Jens-E. Hansen wrote:
> > Hmm.. where is your VirtualHostMonster? I think you might want:
> >
> > RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> > http://zope:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/host.domain:80/WebSites/host/VirtualHostRoot/
> > $1 [P]
> >
> > which should work with a VHM at the root of your Zope, assuming your CMF
> > site is the "host" object.
>
> ok, I placed the VHM in zope's root folder and changed the rewriting rule
> according to your example but the topic links are still unusual. The links
> look like:
>
> http://host.domain/WebSites/host/document
> instead of
> http://host.domain/document
>
> Surprisingly the "next 20 items" link at the bottom of the topics list looks
> good.
>
> Is this behavior more VHM or CMF related?

I am in the process of digging out the patches I've done to the Skins,
which is related since this is a "bug" in the skin, IMO. I've fixed mine
by changing the skin .. jas I'll dig it up.

OK, it appears I changed the objURl defintiion:

-<dtml-let objURL="portal_catalog.getpath(data_record_id_)">
+<dtml-let objURL="getURL() + '/view'">

Seems to work fine on my site(s). try it and let me know. I am using VHM
with Mod Proxy.

Bill

--
Bill Anderson