Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] I18n

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:18:05 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Chelnokov" <alex@orto.unets.ru>
To: "Tres Seaver" <tseaver@zope.com>
Cc: "Zope-Cmf" <zope-cmf@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 9:57 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] I18n

> As i realize the current approach for CMF i18n is to copy skin methods
> to Custom folder, then manualy edit them. Am i right?
>
> So at the moment i play with customization. Some things can be
> replaced easily, for some it's hard to localize what the initial
> dtml-document is. Some code i failed to find, particularly the action
> list. Where "Reconfigure portal" can be found?
>
> Maybe it is worth to adopt more practiacl approach for localization?
> Gettext/pygettext?

I'd try either ZBabel (there are a couple of people listening on this list
who have done this before I guess) or Localizer. Both use a special tag
syntax, so you can write internationalized versions of your skins and create
a dictionary with translations. So you don't have to change more than one
version (the one with the internationalization tags added) if you change a
skin.

Joachim