[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2 beta1 and Workflow

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:46:28 -0500

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> I intend to use the new facilisties in portal workflow to create a different
> workflow for a new content type.  Wondering about the following:
>
> 0. I can not find a description of the changes to portal workflow since
> version 1.0. The obvious change is the ability to use different workflow for
> different content type within one CMFsite. Are there other significant
> changes?

These are the major changes;  the API (defined in
CMFCore/interfaces/portal_workflow.py) has only changed slightly;
one new method, 'updateRoleMappingsFor(ob)', has been added, to
account for the fact that the workflow tool tweaks permission-role
mappings on content.

  http://cmf.zope.org/Members/jost/howto/workflow

> 2. The CMF Collector does not install on CMF 1.2 Beta. It depends on
> DCWorkflow. Is the functionality of DCWorkflow included in CMF 1.2? Will it
> be?

DCWorkflow is in the CVS, but is isn't (and won't be) packaged
in the CMF 1.2 tarball.  Making it part of the "standard" CMF
release will happen in CMF 1.3 (we need to rename it, and document
it, before it lands).

CMFCollector is not slated to be a "supported" part of the CMF;
rather, it will remain as an unsupported "add-on" product (like
CMFWiki).

> 3. It seems that the only way to create a custom workflow is to make a copy
> of defaultwork and change that to get the desired effect. Or is there a way
> to edit through the web?

If DCWorkflow is installed, you can add a new workflow (either an
empty one or a "knock-off" of the traditional one) via the add list
of the WorkflowTool's "Contents" tab.  Other products which create
custom workflows should register them with the tool via its
'addWorkflowFactory' method (look at the bottom of
DCWorkflow/DCWorkflow.py for an example).