[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow: Permissions/States/Scripting

alan runyan runyaga@myrealbox.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:21:02 +0000

Mission: after a object is published for it to dynamically change the permi=
ssion for the affected object.  (People can pick what roles can view this=
 content on publishing)

Problem #1.  DCWorkflow uses the state to apply the security.  I initially =
liked the idea because it really
makes sense.  The 'state of the object' usually has certain permissions ass=
ociated to it.   So the final state is the permissions you get, there is =
no 'script' that is available to hook after state completion.

Problem #2.  Shouldnt transitions apply permissions to a state?  This would=
 make sense, since the act of apply permissions is an action.  This way t=
he state becomes simplier and on entering the state the object has the pe=
rmissions available to it.  Right now, I belive if you execute a script t=
he permissions you get have not been applied.

Problem #3.  Would it be useful to have a 'post Workflow hook'?  or is this=
 sloppy idea?  I know there was one that was used for cataloging but what=
 about in my situation. =20

Think about if you needed to script the permissions setting per state?

thanks,
~runyaga