[Zope-PTK] PTK membership from Database

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 06:45:46 -0500

"iap_y2fun.com" wrote:

> Hi, I just tried PTK and very impressive. Hope that I can contribute some
> chinese UI once I have got familiar with PTK.
> Well, since I want to store the membership data in
> MySQL database , I use the wizard to generate a new portal.
> and on step 1, I select the option to store membership imformation in
> a database connection. It connects to a database which has a table
> called "users" with schema "username,password,domains,roles".
> Step 2,Step 3 goes well, but "finish" action causes a "Attribute Error"
> which says that zope cannot find "__propsets__".
> I use zope-2.3.0, Is there any hints?

Iap,

I'm afraid we haven't focused much on the SQL user folder, and
in fact, in the "new model" PTK, we probably won't.  The upside
is, that if you can get "normal" Zope authentication working using
your MySQL tables (e.g., using LoginManager), then we can use that
user folder, instead of needing to have one in the portal itself.

If the 'acl_users' in the root of your Zope is already set up, then
try adding a "Portal (New)" (instead of a "Portal");  delete the
'acl_users' from the portal, and try it out.