[Zope-PTK] CMF?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:33:48 -0500

Paul Browning wrote:

> Ok. I can't stand it any longer. I thought I might have missed
> something because of the recent list wobbles ... but I've just
> checked the archives and can see no mention of CMF.
>
> What's CMF? Well, on the cms-list one Rob Page said on 4th Feb:
>
> "One of the add-on capabilities to Zope is the
> Content Management Framework (CMF).  Formerly known as the Portal
> ToolKit (PTK), this free and Open Source framework lets people rapidly
> build CMS-style applications without giving up on the inherent
> extensibility of the application server."
>
> C'mon guys .... I'm giving another Zope presentation tomorrow
> and don't want to be saying "PTK" if it's old hat ....

The product-formerly-known-as-PTK will, in fact, be released as
the "Content Management Framework (CMF)", likely by the end of
February.  I had been avoiding spilling the beans to allow the
Powers That Be to unveil it;  since one of them has, I guess the
word is out.

Don't worry about calling it "PTK", however;  we (the geeks) still
are;  just think of it as a "code name" for the CMF. :)  Eventually
the "PTK" meme will fade away.