[Zope-PTK] Newbie Problems with anonymous access

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:09:31 -0500

Richard Burrows wrote:

> I have just set up a portal and have the following problems:
>
> Simply I am unable to make my site available at all to anonymous users.
>
> Following a previous post to the list on the subject by Tres Seaver and set
> the directory of my portal /Journal as follows
>
> 1)Access contents information
> 2) Search Zcatalog
> 3) Use mailhost services
> 4) To be enabled for anonymous users
>
> I still could only get in as the manager of the portal, the owner of the
> portal or the zope administrator, and once in I was described as a user from
> outside the systems
>
> In addition I then set so that no permission settings were aquired and
> removed the manager permissions for the  items listed. Still no luck.
>
> I then went on to make all settings anonymous and still I could only log on
> as a manager, owner or administrator.
>
> I am really confused about how to make this available. If anyone would like
> to take a look I will supply server details off the list. I would be very
> grateful for any help.

Richard,

I just tried to reproduce your problem, and couldn't.  Here is
what I did::

 $ cd /usr/local/zope/ZopePTK-head
 $ cvs -q up -AdP
 $ cd /usr/local/zope/Zope2-head
 $ cvs -q up -AdP
 $ cd ~/projects
 $ mkdir burrows
 $ cd burrows
 $ ZOPE_HOME=/usr/local/zope/Zope2-head \
   PTK_HOME=/usr/local/zope/ZopePTK-head ../make_ptk_site
 $ ./zstart -P 4000 -w 4081

I then created a "Portal (New)" instance, and was immediately
able to view and browse it as 'Anonymous User'.  Can you please
let us know which versions of Zope and the PTK/CMF you are using,
and exactly what you do to set up your portal instance?