[Zope-PTK] How can I override ActionsTool

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:34:14 -0500

robert,

right now this is not configurable without diving into the code. if you look
at PTKBase/ActionsTool.py you will see that the "Join" link is hardcoded in
the listActions method.

what you could do in the interim is to subclass from ActionsTool and
override listActions so it returns only what you want. you could then delete
the ActionsTool in your portal and create an instance of your
ActionsTool-derived class (make sure the ID of your custom ActionsTool
instance stays the same as the original ActionsTool in case there are any
dependencies on it).

jens