[Zope-PTK] what happened to the wizards?

Andrew Sawyers andrew@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:07:58 -0500

We discussed this behavior on Monday and all those present agreed that the
current behavior wasn't optimal.
We weren't sure if we should drop them into editing the content or metadata
first, I think Jeffrey's idea to change & edit from the metadata screen is a
good idea.  This will give users the opportunity to put in good metadata and
then moving on to actually adding or creating the content is the logical
step in the process (not having to then select edit).
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-ptk-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-ptk-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Jeffrey P Shell
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 10:17 AM
To: zope-ptk@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] what happened to the wizards?

On 2/15/01 10:09 AM, "Jens Vagelpohl" <jens@digicool.com> wrote:

> lucas,
>
> the wizards (and with it the need to import monolithic .zexp files) are
> thankfully gone. what you see in your portal (and the dogbowl) is the new
> system at work.
>
> i think the reasoning behind dropping people into the metadata screen
> instead of the content edit screen is because the more metadata you
provide
> the easier it will be to search for your content item.

I do think that we should investigate doing something that a lot of Zope
objects do in the ZMI - On the metadata screen, have a "Change and edit"
button that updates the metadata and then goes to the edit content screen
with a message that the metadata's been updated.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org