[Zope-PTK] Zope error responding to news and disscusion lists

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:43:18 -0500

it looks like the user that was logged into the portal does not have its own
home folder, meaning there is no folder at <portal>/Members/<username>. this
usually happen when the user does not go through the standard join-routine.

the discussions system as it stands at this point (it will be changed Real
Soon Now) relies on being able to store any replies that a user makes in a
folder called "Correspondence" that sits in that user's home folder.

a simple workaround would be to create a Portal Folder in <portal>/Members
that has the same name as the user that is trying to make that posting, and
making sure that ownership of that folder is conferred upon that same
person.

jens