[Zope-PTK] Re: Zope-PTK digest, Vol 1 #395 - 29 msgs

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:09:28 -0500

could it be that you simply untarred everything in the Products directory so
that you end up having a ZopePTK directory under Products?

what you want to have under Products *directly* is:

- PTKBase
- PTKDemo
- PortalTopic

anything else is deprecated.

the easiest way you can do it is to untar the PTK tarball somewhere separate
and set links in your Products directory that point to the abovementioned
directories, you would do something like...

$ cd <my_zope_install>/lib/python/Products
$ ln -s <path_to_ZopePTK>/PTKBase PTKBase

that way you could upgrade the PTK code separate from the Zope code and
would not have to worry about putting the PTK component directories into the
right place every time.

jens