[Zope-PTK] Ownership of copied member folders

Andrew Sawyers andrew@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:41:13 -0500

Priya,
Can you fill us in on the Zope release you are using?  I checked and ran
this many times when writing it and had no problems.  One of the behaviours
of the script is, if a user doesn't exist, the user running the script will
be the new owner of the folder and it's contents.  You note that the
copy-users script was run first, so this all finally works for you now?
Also, the  script assumes that there is an acl_users in both the source and
target directories; is the acl_users folder still there in your source
directory?
Thanks,
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-ptk-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-ptk-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Priya Ramkumar
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 7:15 AM
To: Zope-PTK@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-PTK] Ownership of copied member folders

Hi

I used the external method "copy_folders.py" to copy the member folders of
my old portal to CMF. I first copied the users using the "copy_users.py" .
The member folders are copied into the new CMF. But the ownership of the
member folders is not maintained. When the folders are copied over, they are
owned by the the creator of the portal (or the login name with which the
portal is created).

Is there a way to retain the ownership of the copied folders? Does the
method "copy_folders.py" needs to be altered? Or is there something wrong
with the way I am doing it?

Thanks for any feedback.

Priya