[Zope-PTK] the workflow in the sample "Portal (new)"

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:49:56 -0500

On 2/26/01 11:28 PM, "albert boulanger" <aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:

> Just a thought about workflow and versioning... I alyays thought that
> the versioning stuff in webdav was nice and if one based workflow
> content versioning on top of webdav with the versioning extensions
> this would be a nice layering.

Sadly, the V in WebDAV is pretty much useless right now.  WriteLocking
exists, but it's not true version management.  Delta-V (which picks up where
WebDAV left off and focuses on Version Management) will answer this
question.  There's a possibility that we'll be starting work on some sort of
Delta-V or Subversion support in the near future.

WebDAV WriteLocks are in the Zope CVS Trunk and will be in Zope 2.4.0.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org