[Zope-PTK] CMF site woes, aka Unauthorized error

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:34:06 -0600

<grumble>damn windows... second time I posted this #!#$# msg... lemma post
before it crashes AGAIN... </grumble>

the CMF site is acting up, I believe.  is there a Tracker for CMF?  could it
be on the front page, please?  PTK->CMF tracker being migrated?

wow.. this is strange, if I click hard refresh I see the top 3 news articles
take turns at being the first one listed (this is because of the same
modification date) - We're up is first, then PTK Wiki Content Moving Here
and ten CMF Dogbowl leaked, changing around.

_We're Up_, _PTK Wiki Content..._ both prompt me to login even if I'm logged
into CMF.  also when I try to goto shanes workflow proposal,
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/workflow_proposal  I get prompted to
log in :(

also wanted to say all you DC guys rock.  cheers to tres, jen, jeffs, shane,
bill, et al. who help develop CMF and Membership functionality into this
really cool package.  the packaging is abit rough, but the plumbing looks to
be almost there for people to much more easily develop products ontop of the
platform.  loading stuff off the filesystem into TTW to customize, is a
great idea.  think its really great.

I was looking at system architecture, no mentions about security.  will
there be *ZERO* CMF-flavored security or all security will be handled by
ZOPE as other normal products.  If people are having problems w/ the CMF
site, since its the dogbowl - just post it on the mailing list or will there
be a CMF-site specific Tracker like the zope.org tracker?

when I'm at recent_news and try to 'Add to favorites' I get error, traceback
below.

also I just looked to see if there was a BOF for the CMF at next weeks py9.
are there any plans on a BOF?

cheers,
~runyaga

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/base/zope-2_3-branch/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 223, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/base/zope-2_3-branch/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 187, in publish
  File /usr/local/base/zope-2_3-branch/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line
221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/base/zope-2_3-branch/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 162, in publish
  File /usr/local/base/zope-2_3-branch/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
line 370, in traverse
  File
/usr/local/base/zope-2_3-branch/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line
547, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)