[Zope-PTK] How skins work

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:04:15 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
> >
> > The jitter you have experienced (0.7 - present) is largely
> > due to the fact that we have been using the PTK in consulting
> > engagements, and have therefore discovered problems with some
> > of its earlier assumptions.
>
> Can you point to any of these sites, so we can get a broader
> view of how the PTK can be customized?

Nope;  the only one near completion is an "internal consumption
only" site.  We are in inception/elaboration (to use terms I
don't like very well) phase on several others (now that I think
on it, the are mostly "intranet" sites as well. Hmm... maybe that
is just where the consulting money is?)

I expect to be rolling out some spinoffs from this project (a
portalish event calendar, a poll, etc.), within the next month.
One reason we haven't just "thrown them over the wall" is that we
are taking time to write additional "how-tos" showing how they
were done, etc.

The workflow-as-finite-state-machine notion which we have mooted
here recently spins out of this project as well.