[Zope-PTK] Workflow question...

Kevin A. Mitchell kam@kamit.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:49:07 -0600

The default portal_workflow grants the View permission to Anonymous
when an item is published. But I have a part of a site that I'm
working on that is restricted to users with elevated roles ('Staff'),
which is implemented by not acquiring certain permissions (including
View), and granting them to Staff at that folder level.

What's happening is that users without the Staff role have the
documents show up in catalog searches, they can read them, etc.

I suppose I can make my own tool that doesn't do that, but would it
make more sense to grant the acquirable View permission instead?

I guess I don't understand what keeps pages from displaying when they
aren't reviewed, given that they can acquire the View permission
anyway.

Not a PTK expert...yet.

Kevin
Kevin A. Mitchell kam@kamit.com