[Zope-PTK] Status update

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:47:50 -0800

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> PTK gang,
>
> I asked if there is anyone out there who could create a new icon for
> portals but got no responses.  So I guess that's a unanimous "it's good
> enough".

Shane, I was intending to create some icons for the list to
evaluate this weekend. i'll post to the list when I have
some ready.

> I'm excited about the prospects for the workflow enhancements, how about
> you folks? [snip](I find that most workflow descriptions are
> based on assumptions that are inaccurate or not useful in Zope
> architecture.)

I've found that most workflow abstractions make too many
assumptions about the nature of the actors, and result in
domain-specific systems (publishing, usually).

I would be very happy if a straightforward state-machine was
implemented first, and then used to create a workflow system
where both users and automated systems can be full fledged
actors.

Cheers,

Michael Bernstein.