[Zope-PTK] Status update

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:50:54 -0800

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:

> > > Shane, I was intending to create some icons for the list to
> > > evaluate this weekend. i'll post to the list when I have
> > > some ready.
> >
> > Ok, here are two ideas that I had:
> >
> > 1) http://www.michaelbernstein.com/images/portal-1.gif
> >    This image is based on the notion that the word 'portal'
> > is actually a corruption of the word 'porthole' (the window
> > in the side of a ship). So I drew a porthole. It turns out
> > that 'portal' and 'porthole' are unrelated words.
>
> I like it.  It's kind of like that "Stargate" TV show.
>
> > Both of these images are 16x16 and 32 colors.
>
> I added transparency to the first one and checked it in.

If you zoom in on it, you can see a little white seagull
through the porthole. I hope you didn't make it transparent
too. Also, keep in mind that the graphic is anti-aliased, so
a white 'halo' will appear if it's displayed on another
color background.

Let me know if you want any changes to this or the other
one.

Cheers,

Michael.