[Zope-CMF] Using CMF for a project-centric site?

Darin Arrick openspacemovement@yahoo.com
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

  I'm not new to computers, web development, or
programming, but I am fairly new to both Zope and
Python (about 2 months of experience in each), so:

  I am trying to create a site with Zope that has
similar functionality to www.sourceforge.net .
Basically, a project-centric site where users can log
in, create a project (which makes them the admin, and
they can add more admins if needed), take part in
projects by contributing content, download content
from
projects, etc. Also, anonymous users can download
project content (unless marked somehow "no anonymous
downloads"). This will be a subsection of a currently
running Zope-based site (i.e. domain.com/projects ).

  CMF is user-centric; what I want is project-centric.
Could CMF be tweaked to turn user IDs into project
names? This has been suggested to my by various Zope
and CMF users, so I thought I'd ask here. Is there
another way to go about this? Is there a product or
some other set of products that, combined, could
offer this functionality? CMF seems really close, but
needs some changes to work like I want.

  Any help (or offers of assistance! We're a non-
profit group....) is greatly appreciated.

  Thanks!

Darin Arrick
openspacemovement@yahoo.com
http://www.openspacemovement.org
darrick on irc.openprojects.net #openspace