[Zope-CMF] Topics Help

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:29:56 -0700

What I have done is to cut all of the code from topics_view except for the
header and footer, and placed it into topics_body.  In topics_view I have:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var topic_body>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

You can then use a <dtml-with> tag to get into the correct context, and call
your portal content.

With a topic structure of /topics/images:

<dtml-with expr="topics">
<dtml-with expr="images">
<dtml-var topic_body>
</dtml-with>

Anyone know a better way than the nested dtml-with tags?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: seb bacon [mailto:seb@jamkit.com]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 5:23 AM
To: Norman Khine
Cc: Zope-Cmf
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Topics Help

* Norman Khine <khine@btinternet.com> [010702 12:11]:
> Hello,
> Can someone please, show me how to display the topics objects on the index
> page for the cmf. similarly like the current cmf.zope.org site.
>
> I am having great difficulties in understanding the structure, so far my
> understanding is that --
>
> topics can be added by authorised users.
> these topics should be placed in the root folder of the user.

yes

> how do you associate a document type to a topic, I can see you can set
these
> perhaps in the criteria, is this correct?

i think so (don't have a cmf w/ topics in front of me)

> how do you call a topics object?

from a url, like:

  http://www.yousite.com/portal/topic

and the 'view' action is called automatically.  The method for this
action is in CMFTopic/skins/topic/topic_view.dtml.

If you want to add topics to the site 'home page', you need to add
code based on topic_view to index_html.  As Chris says, it's just a
normal Catalog query.

seb