[Zope-CMF] How to translate CMF, first summary

Stephan Richter srichter@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:29:13 -0500

>This is one advantage of the Localizer, it allows to translate DTML, ZPT,
>Python and probably everything able to live in Zope.

Well, all that ZBabel does is using a function. Whether you call the
function from ZPT, DTML or Python is completely up to you. The only thing
that is currently missing is that the function is not added to the global
namespace (_). In fact I am using the ZBabel functionality
quiet  frequently straight from my Python Products.

For ZBabel 3.0 (if someone helps, this could be done beginning of August)
we should think about gettext() integration (at least import and export)
and the support of the standard functions.

Regards,
Stephan

Stephan Richter
iuveno AG - Technical Design and Implementation
Technical Design and Development