[Zope-CMF] Re: Our CMF-CMS Demo

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:05:36 -0400

As long as the discussion is on portal *designs*, I'd like to point out
the .NET portal demo provided at http://ibuyspy.com/portal .

Using tables and with no workflow yet, it has nothing on Zope-CMF as a
framework, but the content items have a very slick TTW creation and page
layout mechanism. For the Businesspeople I've shown it to, this makes
the Portal concept click instantly. The people we'll all be developing
and deploying portals for want this. I think we'd do well to pick up
those features for the default CMF implementation.

Unfortunately, the admin interface is the one part you *can't* use at
the online demo without a login. However, you can read about it with
illustrations in the "About the Portal" page, and it's easy enough to
install on any Win2K box.

Their store demo is pretty cool, too.
http://www.ibuyspy.com/store/