[Zope-CMF] invokeFactory query

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:17:40 +0100

Well, I've got a lot of mileage out of having the id computed from the Title.
It's a no-brainer for users, you get meaningful URLs (quite important, IMNSHO),
and you have to make your documents uniquely identifiable. This last bit is a
distinct plus point for me ;-)

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> - Generate the ID and force the document to start its life in the
> member's home directory.  Force the user to enter a good ID at some
> point before allowing a workflow transition that moves the document to a
> public area.  For many sites, I think this strategy will work best.
> It's just like using "File | New", writing the document, then selecting
> "File | Save As...".

Keeping this metaphor going, wouldn't it be great if there was a 'temporary
storage' area (C:\temp ;-) that used ChrisM's RAM-based, non-versioning storage
to keep this stuff in...

cheers,

Chris (now panicking to get ready for Berlin...)