[Zope-CMF] Portal Topics as items' metadata

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:39:20 +0100

You don't really need to use topics in this case.  Topics are just
catalog queries with a UI.  You could simply iterate over an object's
subject field and do a catalog query with the results.  Note that
since subject is a keyword index, if you want to OR the query, you'll
need to concatenate the results of more than one query.  If you don't
know much about catalogs, have a look at the chapter about them in the
Book, then search the skins for 'portal_catalog' to see how it's done
there.  i'd probably put it in a python script.

seb

* Ausum <augusto@artlover.com> [010711 00:25]: