[Zope-CMF] How to save extra data with CMF-object

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
12 Jul 2001 18:27:24 -0600

On 12 Jul 2001 19:53:28 -0400, marc lindahl wrote:

> > From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com>
> >

> > It turns out that CMFDefault.DefaultDublinCoreImpl derives
> > (for unknown reasons) from PropertyManager;  therefore, virtually
> > all content objects can have custom properties added to them!
>
> Would that also mean they're automatically indexed in catalog too?

No. not as far as I would guess. For soemthing to be indexed, the
catalog needs to know about it. If you added it to the catalog, then I
would hazard to say that it would participate in the cataloging. I
should ba able to report the veracity of said guess tonight (MST).

Bill