[Zope-CMF] Entering "Subjects" (are those Topics?)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:25:17 +0100

* Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com> [010713 06:00]:
> I've created a Topic object in the root of my CMF and put a sub-topic within
> that. It would appear that the options listed in the "Subject" box when
> adding content correspond to the various Topics. Is that correct? If so,
> what do I have to do to start making item appear in the Subject selection
> box?

No, the 'subject' items on the metadata edit form can either be one or
more freeform keywords, or you can predefine them using the
portal_metadata tool.  Depending on the strategy you want to follow,
you might want to edit the source of the metadata_edit_form (you'll
see some comments there regarding this).

The topics query against all the subject keywords in the catalog,
whether they have come directly from the person who uploaded the
content, or indirectly from the portal_metadata tool.

seb