[Zope-CMF] File objects in skin folder

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:35:38 -0400

Gitte Wange wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am about to "port" the skins for our new product from the ZMI into the
> Filesystem (so it will be easier to set up).
>
> We have 2 File objects in our skin folder.
> Can I simple just place the two .jar files in the skins folder and then Zope
> knows that it must create 2 File objects in the ZMI ... or os there another
> work around ?

DirectoryView only creates subobjects for things it knows how to
handle.  Since we hadn't considered the need for "opaque" skin objects,
your ".jar" files won't be loaded.  You will need to create a
FSOpaqueFile class, derived from FSObject, and register it with the
'DirectoryView.registerFileExtension'.  I would look at FSImage for
the closest cognate to FSOpaqueFile.