[Zope-CMF] Member Groups for the CMF

Norman Khine khine@btinternet.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:24:04 +0100

Thanks Tres,
Can you tell me if there is a proposals documentation for this, I would like
to see the "philosophy" behind your/s proposal.

Also to clarify a small issue, the DTML method form, would this be added by
the group leader, from the MyStaff wizard or Portal Manager?

The way I see this working is to let ALL members join a group, a bit like
yahoo's groups model, but with a small difference, the group leader decides
who can belong to the group!

Maybe this is wrong, as you don't want everybody to join a group, but then
could be an asset, as members with the right "skills" could offer their
expertise, by adding content to their "portal-space" which can become part
of the "Project", similar to what happens now within the cmf, where all
members add content, which is indexed/ grouped by subject type.

I suppose the group leader will become the project reviewer then.

So that every member works "within" their member folder -- adding content,
then each content item has the option of becoming part of a larger
"Project". Therefore each content_type must have a an optional link to a
"PROJECT", should a member decides their content can belong to a project.

OR, perhaps, every member has the option to add a Project -- from the types
option, this then creates a folder project in the member's folder and sets
the security as required, then other members are invited to contribute to
the project/ or add directly to that folder.

Is this how it is being proposed/ or worked on? And are workflows part of
the equation?